Sprint Challenge: From Nov. 2 – Nov. 16 Screen an Environmental Film & Earn 5 Bonus Points
Sustainable Pittsburgh Challenge participants and K-12 schools can screen an environmental film or documentary to earn 5 bonus points between November 2 – November 16! Screening an environmental film can be an effective way to raise awareness about sustainability issues with students or employees.
Participants in the yearlong Challenge will submit:
- EA35: Screen an environmental documentary or film.
Participants in the K-12 Challenge will submit:
- PLG9: Choose a sustainability-themed movie, clip, or video for downtime.
Suggested environmental films:
- Planet Earth (BBC Documentary series narrated by Sir David Attenborough)
- FernGully (20th Century Fox cartoon dealing with themes of deforestation)
- Chasing Coral (ocean-themed climate change documentary)
- Under the Dome (Chai Jing discusses raising her child under China’s heavy pollution)